Welcome

I am a UX researcher and designer who puts people before technology and seeks out data-driven answers so I can discover how best to create usable, efficient, and pleasing experiences.

Thanks for your interest.

Welcome

I am a UX researcher and designer who puts people before technology and seeks out data-driven answers so I can discover how best to create usable, efficient, and pleasing experiences..

Thanks for your interest.

I am a UX researcher and designer who puts people before technology and seeks out data-driven answers so I can discover how best to create usable, efficient, and pleasing experiences.

Thanks for your interest.

a portrait of Luis Puga, the author of the website

I am a UX researcher and designer who puts people before technology and seeks out data-driven answers so I can discover how best to create usable, efficient, and pleasing experiences.

Thank you for your interest.

Website Analysis and Redesign

The Problem:

The site for Roadworthy Guitar and Amp had several issues. It had navigation that was haphazardly organized, broken links, red text on a black background, and other problems that were demonstrative of someone who put a site up in a hurry without much technical knowledge.

My goal was to help the store's owner, Dave, revitalize his site and make it more responsive to the needs and expectations of his users. I also wanted to bring in Dave's special domain expertise as I felt, really, this was why his customers came to him.

Sadly, Roadworthy's basic business structure changed due to financial issues. It went from a retail operation to essentially Dave offering repair services. And so, Dave no longer needed the proposed site. Still, I feel the analysis and artifacts were worth showing.

The Process:

I began this project but research Roadworthy. I talked to Dave, talked to some of his customers, and read through his existing documentation and site.

I conducted an analysis of his site and compared it to some of his local competition as well as some big box retailers. I also took a look at Dave's social media activity and saw he was an active poster on Facebook and Twitter, particularly related to his domain of guitars.

I also conducted some field research at a show where Dave and one of his bands were playing. It allowed me talk to some of his local customers and get a sense of why they shopped with Dave and what they would like to see in the site.

From these interviews, I developed a set of personas of customers. I then developed a list of site requirements for the proposed sites driven by my analysis, the market comparison, a social media strategy, and the personas.

This is how I then developed a site map and wireframes for the new site. I used Visio for the latter and used Axure for the former. Had the project continued, I would have evolved the wireframes into interactive prototypes.

Here are some of the artifacts I created for this project: